Monday, September 21, 2009

A Peaceful Place Just a Bike Ride Away!!!!!





Well as most Danes do, I have learned to ride my bike almost everywhere around town or simply walk. Something I would almost never do at home with the luxury of owning a personal car. Horrible, I know. I have been spoiled and inconsiderate of the environment, but I have learned a lot from the Danes already. With this knowledge, yesterday, Sunday afternoon, I hopped on my bike and just rode around and I vowed to get lost in the community of Gentofte where I stay, which is a middle-class neighborhood, upper-middle class actually. However, to my surprise, I was greeted by the Oresound that is the body of water that connects Denmark and Sweden!!!! Well I was very surprised and excited to spend at few hours here. I was at peace as the sounds of waves smashing against huge rocks and passing cars intensely competed for my attention. I sat on a bridge that overlooked the body of water and where my back was turned away from the road. It was a great place to be. As I sat there, I updated my travel journey, listened to my IPod, painted my toes and simply observed. Yes, I did all of this.!!!!!!!! I will be returning often for as long as the weather will permit. ; )
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. -Abraham Lincoln




No comments: