Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tivoli Garden (At night)-Denmark's Amusement Park





Last night my host-sister and I planned a night out on the town and we decided to visit Tivoli Gardens, which was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen who is a Danish author of many of the fairy tales that we grew up on, you know the stories that end "happily ever after." It is an amazing site to see I must say. If I had to compare it to a place from home, I would say that it reminded me of Six Flags or Cedar Point, but, of course, WAY BETTER. We went at night and everything was lit up very beautifully!!!! My camera was horrible at capturing the sites that I was capable of seeing with my eyes, that really sucks for you lol. The place was miraculous and lively with people scurrying about riding rides, dining and tasting food, candy, beer, wine, and the like where venders were set up. I felt like a small child again (well actually for the first time because I did not have the opportunity to visit places like this one when I was younger). Put simply, I had a GREAT time and I did not want to leave. In fact, my host-sister who had seen this before nearly had to force me to leave because I wanted to stay and take in everything. : )

I knew about the place because I visited the Hans Christian Andersen museum in Odense on my study tour of Western Denmark, which was also amazing!!!! He was a brilliant and inspiring man of his days.

No comments: